Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV stopped sending video signal, sound comes through.

After over a year of using my Apple TV it suddendly stop sending video signals. I checked HDMI cable connection at both ends. I have the cable connected to a Yamaha AV Receiver and checked connection to make sure it had not come loose. I unplugged the power to the Apple TV and re-plugged. Turned everything off and powered everything back up. Still the same.

I then unplugged the Apple TV and plugged it into another TV I have, using a different power cable and HDMI cable. My other TV can see the Apple TV (called 'LivingRoom') but this time no there was no sound as well as no video.

Should I take my Apple TV to an Apple Store for them to have a look at it?

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 12:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 2:02 AM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

If the video signal is somehow incompatible, then that might cause a black screen. Try the automated resolution switcher (Menu and Volume Down for 6 seconds): If your Apple TV doesn't turn on - Apple Support

You could do that. Or first contact the Support staff about it. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2022 2:02 AM in response to Miguel5296

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

If the video signal is somehow incompatible, then that might cause a black screen. Try the automated resolution switcher (Menu and Volume Down for 6 seconds): If your Apple TV doesn't turn on - Apple Support

You could do that. Or first contact the Support staff about it. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Apple TV stopped sending video signal, sound comes through.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.