Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K second gen

It is set directly to a Samsung TV with 8K high speed Hdmi cables and down through arc channel connected to a Marantz SR 7009. The problem that I have for example is if I start watching Tv I will have the stereo format shown on my marantz display, then I start Netflix and start a movie with Dolby Atmos, after the movie I ask Siri to change back to TV and the receiver still says Dolby Atmos when it should say stereo.

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 8:32 AM

Only the Marantz will manage what its display will say based on detected audio stream. If switching source audio formats doesn’t get reflected on the receiver, then please contact Marantz about the receiver functionality. Neither the TV nor the Apple TV box have any influence on the Marantz display.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2022 8:32 AM in response to redvirusblue

Only the Marantz will manage what its display will say based on detected audio stream. If switching source audio formats doesn’t get reflected on the receiver, then please contact Marantz about the receiver functionality. Neither the TV nor the Apple TV box have any influence on the Marantz display.

Apple TV 4K second gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.