Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime sounds still active when iPhone is in silent mode

When I have my iPhone set to silent (switch on left side of iPhone is set to silent), for whatever reason my FaceTime calls still come through with sound - and FaceTime is the only app that still produces sound when silent mode is on. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Model: iPhone 12

IOS: 15.6.1

Thanks

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 12:06 PM

Actually, I just now found how to disable the "emergency bypass" feature which should fix this issue: https://www.howtogeek.com/805989/emergency-bypass-iphone/

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

However, I may submit a feature request to Apple to display contacts with emergency bypass enabled in: Settings > Notifications.. otherwise, you have to go through each of your contacts to see if "emergency bypass" is enabled for them which is not really efficient if you have hundreds of contacts.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2022 12:06 PM in response to JPL007

Actually, I just now found how to disable the "emergency bypass" feature which should fix this issue: https://www.howtogeek.com/805989/emergency-bypass-iphone/

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

However, I may submit a feature request to Apple to display contacts with emergency bypass enabled in: Settings > Notifications.. otherwise, you have to go through each of your contacts to see if "emergency bypass" is enabled for them which is not really efficient if you have hundreds of contacts.

Aug 25, 2022 11:48 AM in response to JPL007

JPL007 wrote:

When I have my iPhone set to silent (switch on left side of iPhone is set to silent), for whatever reason my FaceTime calls still come through with sound - and FaceTime is the only app that still produces sound when silent mode is on. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Model: iPhone 12
IOS: 15.6.1

Thanks

This maybe due to getting calls from someone in our favorite list that bypasses the silent ringer.

FaceTime sounds still active when iPhone is in silent mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.