Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone security lockout

So, my iphone got locked in my pocket.. Apparently, that can happen.

It also seems there is no way of unlocking it. I am beyond words right now.

Why FaceID would not work here, who else can have my face? Or for that matter, the iPad that I have right in front of me, which is fully functioning, with the same Apple ID on it. I can locate my phone, play sound, why is there no option to unlock the iPhone from it?

OR, what about my computer with itunes on it, logged in, authenticated, and connected with a cable to my iPhone?

Why is the only option TO ERASE MY IPHONE?

I am so angry right now that I'm this close to sell all this stuff and get anything else that's not Apple. Who thought this was a good way to do it?

iPhone 12

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2022 11:24 AM

martin2374 wrote:

Why FaceID would not work here, who else can have my face? Or for that matter, the iPad that I have right in front of me, which is fully functioning, with the same Apple ID on it. I can locate my phone, play sound, why is there no option to unlock the iPhone from it?

OR, what about my computer with itunes on it, logged in, authenticated, and connected with a cable to my iPhone?

I am so angry right now that I'm this close to sell all this stuff and get anything else that's not Apple. Who thought this was a good way to do it?

What issue do you have doing this If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support since you know your passcode, you can restore from your last backup.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 25, 2022 11:24 AM in response to martin2374

martin2374 wrote:

What issue do you have doing this If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support since you know your passcode, you can restore from your last backup.

Aug 25, 2022 11:36 AM in response to martin2374

martin2374 wrote:

Why on Earth would I need to restore my phone from a backup since it's with me and I know all the codes?

This is the dumbest thing I've seen in a tech device, by far.

Phone gets disabled when there is too many failed passcode attempts, which is what happen when the phone was in your pocket.

You can either do the restore or sell your stuff and go with a different company, nobody in these user to user technical forum care.

Iphone security lockout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.