Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2019 MacBook Pro

I just replaced the Charge cable for my 2019 MacBook Pro for the second time. I purchased the machine in Jan 2020, replaced the cable in Sept 2021, and replaced it again in Aug 2022. I'm buying the cables from Apple, so it should not be an issue of not getting a real Apple cable. (I found it interesting that when I went to replace the cable in Aug 2022, the Sept 2021 purchase was not listed in my most recent 18 months of purchases.)

I don't abuse these cables. The charger mostly sits where I usually use the Mac. When I need the machine elsewhere in the house, I just run it on the battery.

These are not expensive, but I should not have to replace the charge cable every single year. Is this happening to anyone else?

I'm afraid it might be related to this particular machine; I've wondered since I bought it if they sold me a lemon. I've never had serious problems with Macs in the decades I've been using them, but this one was back in the shop for repairs almost as soon as I unboxed it and has had one low-level problem or another ever since.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 6:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 7:23 AM

Take the time to reach out to Apple Support and see if they can help you sort this out.

Get Support – Apple

Apple Support

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or online Apple Support

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2022 7:23 AM in response to terydeb

Take the time to reach out to Apple Support and see if they can help you sort this out.

Get Support – Apple

Apple Support

Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or online Apple Support

or call AppleCare Support at 1-800-APLCARE (800-275-2273)

Outside the USA—Contact Apple for support and service by phone

See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

2019 MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.