Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder Tabs Preservation

How can my Mac preserve my open tabs in Finder after a reboot?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 7:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 7:26 AM

It might be due to your Mac needing to re-select ”Reopen windows when logging back in” when prompted.

Prevent apps and windows from reopening - Apple Support

However, in Monterey macOS, I can open multiple Finder Tabs, and tell Finder to Relaunch from the Force Quit Window, and only one tab comes back (the default finder page set by Finder > Preferences > General > New Finder Windows Show: Recents"

There is no option in there for "Last Session" Like Safari.app does.

It very well might be expected behaviour there is no preservation of Tab Layouts for Finder anymore (if there once was) or yet.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2022 7:26 AM in response to macrisadi

It might be due to your Mac needing to re-select ”Reopen windows when logging back in” when prompted.

Prevent apps and windows from reopening - Apple Support

However, in Monterey macOS, I can open multiple Finder Tabs, and tell Finder to Relaunch from the Force Quit Window, and only one tab comes back (the default finder page set by Finder > Preferences > General > New Finder Windows Show: Recents"

There is no option in there for "Last Session" Like Safari.app does.

It very well might be expected behaviour there is no preservation of Tab Layouts for Finder anymore (if there once was) or yet.

Finder Tabs Preservation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.