Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

streaming video from Mac air to LG tv

For 2 years now I have been streaming video from my Mac Air to my LG TV without problems. Suddenly, I can no longer do this. Although I receive the HBO or Apple+ programs on my Mac Air (A1 fine), when I plug the laptop into my LG TV (USB C connection on the Mac, HDMI connection on the TV) I cannot get a stable picture: it comes and goes, the sound echos and it is generally unwatchable. What can I do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 7:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 7:19 AM

1. Try a different HDMI Cable
  2. Try a different USB-C to HDMI adapter
  3. Update macOS to the latest version.
  4. Try a different HDMI port on the TV.
  5. Update the TV Software (if available).
  6. Power Cycle all devices (Turn off and On again).
  7. Try another TV with the Mac to isolate the ports on the TV being a problem, or the TV itself
  8. Try another PC/Mac with the same TV, to isolate further.
  9. Could require looking into removing 3rd party software that does things to displays (EG AirParrot, AirDrive, non-Apple display software
  10. ???

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2022 7:19 AM in response to laoxiao

1. Try a different HDMI Cable
  2. Try a different USB-C to HDMI adapter
  3. Update macOS to the latest version.
  4. Try a different HDMI port on the TV.
  5. Update the TV Software (if available).
  6. Power Cycle all devices (Turn off and On again).
  7. Try another TV with the Mac to isolate the ports on the TV being a problem, or the TV itself
  8. Try another PC/Mac with the same TV, to isolate further.
  9. Could require looking into removing 3rd party software that does things to displays (EG AirParrot, AirDrive, non-Apple display software
  10. ???

streaming video from Mac air to LG tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.