Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get songs apple removed after I cancelled my Apple Music subscription

I have cancelled my apple subscription and apple removed the music I put on with CDs. Will I have to reload my CDs?

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 12:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 1:54 PM

You do have a Time Machine backup of your drive before you canceled your subscription, right? Go to your music library, enter Time Machine, go back in time to just before you unsubscribed and restore the library to another location. Then you can create a new library and import the music files that you uploaded from CDs into the new library.

You might even keep the restored library and point the Music app to it and use it without the Apple Music tracks. You'll just have to experiment and see.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 26, 2022 1:54 PM in response to blane273

You do have a Time Machine backup of your drive before you canceled your subscription, right? Go to your music library, enter Time Machine, go back in time to just before you unsubscribed and restore the library to another location. Then you can create a new library and import the music files that you uploaded from CDs into the new library.

You might even keep the restored library and point the Music app to it and use it without the Apple Music tracks. You'll just have to experiment and see.

How do I get songs apple removed after I cancelled my Apple Music subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.