Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I watch my purchased movie off-line ?

Hi,

I have purchased the movie "Elvis" in order to watch it during my flight tomorrow. I saved it in my TV library. How can I watch it off-line ? When I switch of the wi-fi it doesn't work. There is no wi.fi during my flight tomorrow. I will appreciate very much a quick reply so that I can watch it tomorrow.

Best regards/Canan

[Email Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 9:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2022 2:13 AM

For Apple TV/iTunes Store purchases:

You’ll need to download the content on the device that you will use to view it on. You can’t transfer the file to different devices after download. Content downloaded in the TV app should be viewed in the TV app.

Buy movies and TV shows from the Apple TV app - Apple Support

(Re)download TV shows and movies that you purchased - Apple Support

A download symbol should appear when you hover the mouse pointer over a movie tile in your library. It should turn into a blue button when hovering exactly over that symbol. Click it to start the download to the default location (as set in TV app Preferences). That may take some time, depending on your internet speed. See the Activity window for progress. After that, the content would be available offline. (I have just tested a fresh download again to verify for the latest Monterey release.)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2022 2:13 AM in response to canan00

For Apple TV/iTunes Store purchases:

You’ll need to download the content on the device that you will use to view it on. You can’t transfer the file to different devices after download. Content downloaded in the TV app should be viewed in the TV app.

Buy movies and TV shows from the Apple TV app - Apple Support

(Re)download TV shows and movies that you purchased - Apple Support

A download symbol should appear when you hover the mouse pointer over a movie tile in your library. It should turn into a blue button when hovering exactly over that symbol. Click it to start the download to the default location (as set in TV app Preferences). That may take some time, depending on your internet speed. See the Activity window for progress. After that, the content would be available offline. (I have just tested a fresh download again to verify for the latest Monterey release.)

How can I watch my purchased movie off-line ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.