Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail switches sending account AFTER click Send

Mail and accounts go and off online - on their own. don’t seem to remember passwords. And can’t ever tell if when appear to be online it's actually offline, and doesn't send or receive. Or if Preferences says Offline, it will in fact send and receive.

I have 5 accounts. 2 personal ones and 3 for businesses-organizations. Most of time, when look at Mail, all appear to be online. Look at online status in Mailbox status, accounts online.

If I go into Preferences>Accounts>Server Setting, it says ALL accounts are OFFLINE. But I can test and send and receive from them. How if offline?

But not always. Sometimes when I send from an account, get pop-up asking which account to use (even though I already selected the account) I select the one for that account, even though sometimes says it’s offline. It’s sent. Look at sent mail, and was sent but switched to another account. SO LOOKS LIKE FROM ME BECAUSE MY NAME, BUT FROM ANOTHER ORGANIZATION.

At least 3 places in Mail tell me if accounts are on or off line. They NEVER agree. Preferences>Accounts>Server Setting now ALWAYS SAYS ALL ACCOUNTS ARE OFFLINE. But seem to work.

It’s a pack of problems. How many problems do I need to fix?

I keep changing

thanks.

MacBook Air Apple Silicon

Posted on Aug 27, 2022 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2022 2:47 PM

ArmandoWyo wrote:

Mail and accounts go and off online - on their own. don’t seem to remember passwords. And can’t ever tell if when appear to be online it's actually offline, and doesn't send or receive. Or if Preferences says Offline, it will in fact send and receive.
I have 5 accounts. 2 personal ones and 3 for businesses-organizations. Most of time, when look at Mail, all appear to be online. Look at online status in Mailbox status, accounts online.
If I go into Preferences>Accounts>Server Setting, it says ALL accounts are OFFLINE. But I can test and send and receive from them. How if offline?
But not always. Sometimes when I send from an account, get pop-up asking which account to use (even though I already selected the account) I select the one for that account, even though sometimes says it’s offline. It’s sent. Look at sent mail, and was sent but switched to another account. SO LOOKS LIKE FROM ME BECAUSE MY NAME, BUT FROM ANOTHER ORGANIZATION.
At least 3 places in Mail tell me if accounts are on or off line. They NEVER agree. Preferences>Accounts>Server Setting now ALWAYS SAYS ALL ACCOUNTS ARE OFFLINE. But seem to work.
I keep changing
thanks.

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.5.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

I would start there, if no insight or resolve—Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2022 2:47 PM in response to ArmandoWyo

ArmandoWyo wrote:

I keep changing
thanks.

The current stable release of Monterey including bug fixes, is macOS 12.5.1

I would start there, if no insight or resolve—Call Customer Support (800) MY–APPLE (800–692–7753)

or on line Apple Support

Mail switches sending account AFTER click Send

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.