Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After updating my iPhone to iOS 15.6.1, my battery drains so fast

after updating to ios 15.6.1, my battery drains so fast even though I am not using it. Tried to restart it for many times but didn’t work out.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 27, 2022 4:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2022 5:39 PM

Have you checked your battery health recently? Apple only considers that a battery requires replacement if it cannot hold, at least, an 80% charge after 500 full recharging cycles.

Also, for a while after updating an iPhone, it may go through a series of activities before it "settles down" to a more "normal" battery consumption rate ... not just background app updates.

Ref: About the battery and performance of iPhone 11 and later - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2022 5:39 PM in response to Eleven_

Have you checked your battery health recently? Apple only considers that a battery requires replacement if it cannot hold, at least, an 80% charge after 500 full recharging cycles.

Also, for a while after updating an iPhone, it may go through a series of activities before it "settles down" to a more "normal" battery consumption rate ... not just background app updates.

Ref: About the battery and performance of iPhone 11 and later - Apple Support

Aug 27, 2022 5:36 PM in response to Eleven_

that’s funny you should mention that I updated mine too I woke up watching the news at 4:30 AM they before yesterday two days ago and the first thing they started with was anyone who has an iPhone iPad I iPhone anything must update it immediately or you’re taking a risk of and all iPhones being hacked the thing is I am mediately updated the software but it didn’t install it until like two days later so that was really weird but my battery drains even when I lower the the lighting the background lighting and I don’t use my phone hardly other than answer calls text my daughter or I get on YouTube or watch a movie sometimes Oh and check my indeed account off anon and yesterday it drained down to 2% within four hours if that

Sep 5, 2022 6:52 AM in response to Eleven_

I have checked all of my settings, apps running in the background, network reset settings everything. My battery goes from 100 down to 95 very quickly. Let's use reasonable deduction. Before the update, my phone drain was minimal. After the update, my phone now drains fast. Reasonable deduction says that there's something in the update that Apple needs to address immediately. As I am not spending a thousand dollars on a new phone.

After updating my iPhone to iOS 15.6.1, my battery drains so fast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.