Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't add new mail account

How do I add a new Mail account when the authenticated step isn't working? It takes me to the browser, I've tried Safari and Brave, and the screen is just blank. This means I can't authenticate the Mail account. The reason I had to delete the account was email content wasn't coming through. I've been on phone with Apple for over an hour trying to rectify - still nothing. I'm so frustrated and annoyed, especially as you can't even go on store for help. I've wasted days over this and still nowhere!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 12:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 9:15 AM

SJD_frustrated wrote:

How do I add a new Mail account when the authenticated step isn't working? It takes me to the browser, I've tried Safari and Brave, and the screen is just blank. This means I can't authenticate the Mail account. The reason I had to delete the account was email content wasn't coming through. I've been on phone with Apple for over an hour trying to rectify - still nothing. I'm so frustrated and annoyed, especially as you can't even go on store for help. I've wasted days over this and still nowhere!

What and where are you having the issue...?

What email account is this?

If it is an Authentication issue w/ gmail—change your default browser setting to Safari and compare your results.

Make Safari your default web browser on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2022 9:15 AM in response to SJD_frustrated

SJD_frustrated wrote:

What and where are you having the issue...?

What email account is this?

If it is an Authentication issue w/ gmail—change your default browser setting to Safari and compare your results.

Make Safari your default web browser on Mac - Apple Support

can't add new mail account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.