Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Cannot find this person" error

Hello!

After some time of using Android phone I've decided to go back to iOS.

Bought iPhone 13, but I have forgotten my AppleID password.Tried few times and locked it.I had to create new one since I had to wait a whole month for password restoration.After my original AppleID pass was restored I decided to put back on that one and delete the second one.I got emailed that it will get permanently deleted after a month or some time(can't remember) then these days I received another email that says my 2nd AppleID was deleted.

Today I noticed i have 10 apps waiting for update in App Store.Pressed the "Update All" button and App Store asked for a AppleID password, when I entered the one for the AppleID im using(the original one) I got that message "Apple verification failed. Cannot find this person".

I have tried to find a solution in internet and found that I probably have forgotten to delete my device from the 2nd AppleID that I have deleted.

My phone isnt locked anyway, I can use it, download apps, it is connected to my original AppleID, Find My is working showing me my location through my iCloud...

Tried loggin off, restarting but it keeps showing me that message.

Can anyone give me some advice what I have to do now?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2022 5:03 PM

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. Since you deleted the ID, one option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. After deleting the apps, it may be necessary to restart the device/computer before you can download the apps again. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.  *

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2022 5:03 PM in response to Torbalan

A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. Since you deleted the ID, one option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. After deleting the apps, it may be necessary to restart the device/computer before you can download the apps again. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review.  *

"Cannot find this person" error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.