Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam in Apple mail

Is there a way to stop spam emails from appearing in my inbox with Apple mail? When go to my Yahoo or Live emails in their apps, they automatically go into the spam folder but not so with Apple Mail.

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 5:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 8:46 AM

Many spammers are using different variations of the same email address. For example:

1. 12345@domain.com
  2. 123456@domain.com
  3. and so on

So, even though you may move one email address to Junk, the other variations also have to be moved individually. Or you can use the Edit/Select/Move process.

I can’t answer for how any other servers handle spam.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2022 8:46 AM in response to AlcMlc2011

Many spammers are using different variations of the same email address. For example:

1. 12345@domain.com
  2. 123456@domain.com
  3. and so on

So, even though you may move one email address to Junk, the other variations also have to be moved individually. Or you can use the Edit/Select/Move process.

I can’t answer for how any other servers handle spam.

Aug 29, 2022 8:39 AM in response to SravanKrA

Okay. I’m just wondering why like in my Yahoo app I been marked it as spam and it goes to spam folder but in the iCloud mail app it’s in the regular inbox. Why doesn’t it automatically go to the spam folder also? Why do I have to manually move it to the junk folder because it’s already in it in my Yahoo, Gmail, or Live email apps? Just trying to reduce the amount junk in my iCloud account. Thanks.

Aug 29, 2022 5:45 AM in response to AlcMlc2011

Probably you mean iCloud Mail.

To make sure future messages from the same sender are marked as junk, you can report messages as junk in the Mail app. On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, swipe left on the message, tap More, then tap Move to Junk. On your Mac, select the message and click the Junk button in the Mail toolbar.

Report and block spam in iCloud mail - Apple Support

Spam in Apple mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.