Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Listening to home made mp3s on iPhone or iPod classic

Hi All,

Hope you are good.

My iPod classic has just had to be reset (possibly died) and i had a couple of questions. I make my own music and would like to make a playlist on my iPod Classic or iPhone 6s.

1) Using Apple Music, the add playlist option is greyed out for the iPod. How can i create a playlist on this device?

2) I'd also like to create playlists on my iPhone 6s. I can airdrop the tracks onto it but Apple Music doesn't see the folder. I've tried Xender and Folder Music too with the same outcome. What is the best way to create playlists and hear them back on the iPhone?

Thanks.

Dee

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 5:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 6:14 AM

To create a Playlist on the Music app on a Mac or PC, select a track and then click on the ... dots menu to the right of the track name, then click on Add to PlayList. You can then create a New Playlist, or add the track to an existing playlist.

Create playlists: link-> How to make a playlist in the Apple Music app - Apple Support

Once the playlist is created, you can sync the playlist and its songs to the iPod and the iPhone. Link-> Sync music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You cannot sync playlists from the iPhone to the iPod or from the iPod to the iPhone directly. You must do so from a computer.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2022 6:14 AM in response to DeeEdney

To create a Playlist on the Music app on a Mac or PC, select a track and then click on the ... dots menu to the right of the track name, then click on Add to PlayList. You can then create a New Playlist, or add the track to an existing playlist.

Create playlists: link-> How to make a playlist in the Apple Music app - Apple Support

Once the playlist is created, you can sync the playlist and its songs to the iPod and the iPhone. Link-> Sync music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You cannot sync playlists from the iPhone to the iPod or from the iPod to the iPhone directly. You must do so from a computer.

Listening to home made mp3s on iPhone or iPod classic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.