Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Time Capsule can't access "data" Folder

I keep getting this message when I try to access my data folder on time capsule. Solutions? thanks

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.12

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 6:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 7:23 AM

I think you likely meant to say that your Mac cannot access the Data folder on the Time Capsule.

Your profile indicates that you are running macOS 10.12.x "Sierra" on your Mac. Is that correct, or have you updated the Mac to a more recent version of the Mac operating system?

We assume that you have already tried powering off the Time Capsule, restarting your Mac and powering the Time Capsule back up again, correct?

If you open any Finder window, does the Time Capsule appear on the left panel of the window under the "Locations" heading, (or the heading might read "Devices") on your Mac?

If you open AirPort Utility on your Mac........(Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility).......does the Time Capsule appear in the main window?

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2022 7:23 AM in response to mitchtown

I think you likely meant to say that your Mac cannot access the Data folder on the Time Capsule.

Your profile indicates that you are running macOS 10.12.x "Sierra" on your Mac. Is that correct, or have you updated the Mac to a more recent version of the Mac operating system?

We assume that you have already tried powering off the Time Capsule, restarting your Mac and powering the Time Capsule back up again, correct?

If you open any Finder window, does the Time Capsule appear on the left panel of the window under the "Locations" heading, (or the heading might read "Devices") on your Mac?

If you open AirPort Utility on your Mac........(Finder > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility).......does the Time Capsule appear in the main window?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.