Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passcode in null

My iPhone is in security lockout. The message in the screen says "You can try your passcode again in (null)".

How can this be done? I know the passcode, I just need to enter it again, but I don't know where.

The only options at the bottom are Emergency and Erase iPhone.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Aug 29, 2022 8:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2022 7:06 PM

This is the most annoying feature ever. Millions of people have kids that input the wrong passcode of maybe the passcode got entered too many times while the phone was in your pocket. Apple should let me input my passcode more than 10 times before going to this radical way of having to delete the phone. I DO NOT HAVE A BACKUP... I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO CREATE BACKUP every single second.... I just want to restore the phone with the passcode I have... no apple is not letting me do it! Who design this software for good sake!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 25, 2022 7:06 PM in response to Bob Timmons

This is the most annoying feature ever. Millions of people have kids that input the wrong passcode of maybe the passcode got entered too many times while the phone was in your pocket. Apple should let me input my passcode more than 10 times before going to this radical way of having to delete the phone. I DO NOT HAVE A BACKUP... I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO CREATE BACKUP every single second.... I just want to restore the phone with the passcode I have... no apple is not letting me do it! Who design this software for good sake!

Aug 29, 2022 9:19 AM in response to An2x

Wait for an hour to see if the screen will change to allow you to enter your passcode.

If no luck, your only option at this point is to tap Erase and then set the phone up again. If you have a recent backup, you can use that during the set up process.

If your iPhone is running iOS 15.2 or higher........(it appears that it might be).......you can use the instructions linked just below which will not require the use of a Mac or PC:

How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

If you are not sure which operating system is installed on your iPhone, please use the link below, which will require the use of a Mac or PC.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If you have a backup of the phone, you can use the backup to restore the data on the phone during the new setup.

Passcode in null

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.