Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone XR running IOS 15.6.1 does not show up in Finder on brand new MBP running Monterey OSX 12.5

I just picked up a brand new MacBook Pro (M1 Pro chip) and am attempting to backup my iPhone XR (IOS 15.6.1). I used to use iTunes to backup my phones on my early 2013 MBP, but iTunes is no more and my trusted 2013 has a blue screen and is stuck in a boot loop because of forced updates (not happy Bob, not happy). I have read online that my phone should be visible in Finder under Locations on the side tab. It is not visible although other devices are (all are mine of course). I have verified that the phone appears when I go to USB under the System Info while holding the options button. The check box for CDs, DVDs, and IOS devices is checked under the normal Finder preferences. The phone appears in Photos and allows me to transfer photos from the phone to the MBP (only in Safe Mode though - Photos gets stuck in a never ending preparing to import - but never does except while in Safe Mode). I have switched cables and I have used all three Thunderbolt-4 ports with no satisfactory effect with different cables. I have restarted both the phone and the MBP to no avail. Both devices are fully updated according to the update centers. Please advise as to what the issue may be and how to correct this.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 6:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 2:06 AM

Connect iPhone to Mac

Use your USB lightening cable --> Resolve USB-related alerts in iTunes - Apple Support

If unable to connect --> If iTunes/Finder doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

For your Mac --> If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod ...

Use genuine cable --> Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories ...

See how to --> Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer ...

Here is the process to --> Backup on iTunes.

The steps given in this link will help you reset the passcode -> If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your ...

If you are experiencing an issue not listed here, contact support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Iphone XR running IOS 15.6.1 does not show up in Finder on brand new MBP running Monterey OSX 12.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.