Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

160GB iPod Classic --issues with downloading music files from CDs

I am using Windows 10 and recently attempted to copy a number of music cds to my iPod using iTunes. I was able to copy the cds to my iTunes file on the computer but could not get them to transfer to the iPod while iTunes was on the computer. As a matter of fact, iTunes did not even acknowledge the iPod was connected. When I uninstalled iTunes, the computer acknowledged the iPod was connected and I was able to use File Explorer to transfer the entire iTunes file to the iPod. The computer indicates the music files are on the iPod, but none of them show up on the iPod screen. The only music I can access on the iPod is what was loaded from an older computer which used Windows 7 (years ago). Any suggestions on how I can get these new files to work on this iPod?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 7:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 9:36 AM

You cannot transfer songs to an iPod classic with File Explorer. Well you can, but they are just data and won't be detected by the firmware on the device. You music use iTunes to add tracks to the device's library. See Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support. If there is media on the device that isn't in your library see Recover media from an iPod - Apple Community.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2022 9:36 AM in response to JEJMal

You cannot transfer songs to an iPod classic with File Explorer. Well you can, but they are just data and won't be detected by the firmware on the device. You music use iTunes to add tracks to the device's library. See Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support. If there is media on the device that isn't in your library see Recover media from an iPod - Apple Community.

tt2

160GB iPod Classic --issues with downloading music files from CDs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.