Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Understanding Viber App Data on iCloud. Does buying extra storage store all the viber data on iCloud?

My mother's iPhone is almost full and i'm trying to find options on how to free up more space.

Apparently, majority of her data comes from the Viber app and not secondly the photos. It makes sense because Viber is the default messaging app for her work, banking, and social. But it's taking up more space everyday.

I'm contacting viber's support to see what we can do if we can manually delete unneeded data. But on the Apple side, I just want to ask if adding the 50gb/monthly icloud plan would not only upload all the photos but the viber data as well? Also I read this old thread Viber backup data on iCloud. - Apple Community where TheLittle's states that Upgrading the storage is an option but recommends contacting Apple Support.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Aug 31, 2022 8:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 3:28 PM

Hello Stoyamix,

In regards to this specific application "Viber" storing data in iCloud, you'd want to check directly with the developer of that app to see how it works with iCloud storage. Many applications can backup their data to iCloud, but its just a backup, the data still stays in the application therefore it wouldn't reduce the size of that application.

If you start using iCloud Photos, that will move your photo library to iCloud and free up around 7 GB of space on the device. It looks like most of your storage is being taken up by applications. So aside from this Viber application you'd want to see what other applications are using larger amounts of storage. Delete applications from the device that you don't need. The storage space on an iPhone is a fixed amount based on which capacity model you chose, so there isn't a way to increase the storage capacity. The only thing you can do is start deleting things to free up space.

Here's some more info on device storage versus iCloud storage: What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage?

Here's some helpful suggestions for monitoring device storage: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Cheers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2022 3:28 PM in response to Stoyamix

Hello Stoyamix,

In regards to this specific application "Viber" storing data in iCloud, you'd want to check directly with the developer of that app to see how it works with iCloud storage. Many applications can backup their data to iCloud, but its just a backup, the data still stays in the application therefore it wouldn't reduce the size of that application.

If you start using iCloud Photos, that will move your photo library to iCloud and free up around 7 GB of space on the device. It looks like most of your storage is being taken up by applications. So aside from this Viber application you'd want to see what other applications are using larger amounts of storage. Delete applications from the device that you don't need. The storage space on an iPhone is a fixed amount based on which capacity model you chose, so there isn't a way to increase the storage capacity. The only thing you can do is start deleting things to free up space.

Here's some more info on device storage versus iCloud storage: What's the difference between device storage and iCloud storage?

Here's some helpful suggestions for monitoring device storage: How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Cheers!

Understanding Viber App Data on iCloud. Does buying extra storage store all the viber data on iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.