Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV 4K brief black screen while switching channels

it has started from last few days where when Watching youtube, screen blacks out when skip ad .

it happens while watching other streaming service as well.

When I tried same using Samsung TV inbuilt youtube app, issue doesn’t appear.

I tried changing HDMi, restart apple TV but issue still persist.

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 3:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 8:21 AM

TLDR; My resolution was to perform a "Reset and Update" AppleTV.

I have this issue too and was trying to respond to Thread #253806083. Basically AppleTV and TV (in my case LG C9) keeps trying to "renegotiate" Dolby Vision whenever content changes.

My setup is LG C9 + Sonos Arc + AppleTV. My cables are all "specced for 4k 120Hz" and are well shielded products.

It became extremely frustrating with Youtube especially because ad content would knock the TV out of Dolby then regular content would bring back Dolby. So two black-out events per ad. With multiple ads, the TV would just hang out in No-Signal-Land until we're well into ~6-10s of steady content.

This happened for Youtube, HBO Max, even TV+.

I've power cycled my entire entertainment center and factory reset everthing, one by one. Testing in between. The last thing I did was reset AppleTV and the issue resolved.

Hope that helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2022 8:21 AM in response to R_Jaiswal

TLDR; My resolution was to perform a "Reset and Update" AppleTV.

I have this issue too and was trying to respond to Thread #253806083. Basically AppleTV and TV (in my case LG C9) keeps trying to "renegotiate" Dolby Vision whenever content changes.

My setup is LG C9 + Sonos Arc + AppleTV. My cables are all "specced for 4k 120Hz" and are well shielded products.

It became extremely frustrating with Youtube especially because ad content would knock the TV out of Dolby then regular content would bring back Dolby. So two black-out events per ad. With multiple ads, the TV would just hang out in No-Signal-Land until we're well into ~6-10s of steady content.

This happened for Youtube, HBO Max, even TV+.

I've power cycled my entire entertainment center and factory reset everthing, one by one. Testing in between. The last thing I did was reset AppleTV and the issue resolved.

Hope that helps.

Apple TV 4K brief black screen while switching channels

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.