Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

13 inch MacBook Air Mid 2013 OS X

I reformatted my 13 inch MacBook Air mid 2013. The OS that got installed after reformatting or erasing the HD is Mountain Lion. It got installed using the internet function. The original OS files in the hard drive was gone too. I can barely install any software on this device. I cannot get the Chrome in the app store because it says not compatible with the OS installed. Same thing with Facebook. What newer OS is available and how can get it installed. It always say error when I try to update. There should be some use left on this laptop. Thank you.

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 5:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 9:04 PM

Hi,

You should be able to install Big Sur on that MBA: How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support 

Similar questions

5 replies

Sep 4, 2022 5:00 AM in response to tjk

Thank you for your reply. I tried to download the Big Sur and I got the message "This update requires MacOS version 10.9 or later. When I try to to select software update, I get the message "An error has occurred while downloading the updates (102). I did not see any OS upgrade recommendation on the updates. Thanks again.

13 inch MacBook Air Mid 2013 OS X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.