📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Plus. Learn more >

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple debuts iPhone 16 Pro and iPhone 16 Pro Max. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio on videos is delayed

Hey! Over the last couple weeks, my phone has been playing audio and video out of sync (there’s a 2-ish second delay between video and sound). I thought it was just my YouTube app, but I noticed it was also Netflix, any browser videos, and even apps like Facebook and Instagram. It’s obviously a system problem. No number of restarts will fix it, and I’d like to avoid a factory reset if I can. This only happens on the iPhone speaker itself no bluetooth devices connected. I have an iPhone SE 3rd generation with 5G it is updated to the latest version of IOS to date, i just got this phone about 3 weeks ago and it has been having this issue since I got it out of the box with the previous software version as well.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 1, 2022 7:03 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Sep 7, 2022 6:29 AM in response to Coronaboi602

Greetings Coronaboi602,

We appreciate you following up with us!

Just a couple more questions to get a better understanding of what is occurring.

1. Does the issue persist over Wi-Fi and cellular connections?
  2. Does the issue persist in another physical location?

It would also be a good idea to go ahead and ensure that you have a current backup of the device in case more intrusive steps are required. You can read more about that process here:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Best!

Sep 13, 2022 10:25 AM in response to Coronaboi602

Thank you for providing those details, Coronaboi602.

We know you mentioned your device is updated, but Apple has recently released iOS 15.7 and iOS 16. Updating is a very beneficial step as they can provide fixes and security improvements to your device. For reference, the steps for updating are included below and found in the following article.

1. "Back up your device using iCloud or your computer.
  2. Plug your device into power and connect to the internet with Wi-Fi.
  3. Go to Settings > General, then tap Software Update.
  4. Choose the software update that you want to install. You can choose to stay on iOS or iPadOS 15 and still get important security updates. Or you can choose the option to upgrade to iOS or iPadOS 16.
  5. Tap Install Now. If you see Download and Install instead, tap it to download the update, enter your passcode, then tap Install Now. If you don't know your passcode, learn what to do."

Update your iPhone or iPad

If you continue to have issues with the latest iOS versions, the next step would be reach out to Apple:

Apple Support

Take care!

Sep 3, 2022 12:09 PM in response to Coronaboi602

Hey there, Coronaboi602! 

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

Does the same thing happen if you download the apps and view the video there? Do you notice this happening with Apple Apps? For example, if you record a video and watch it back, does the sound match?

Also, you will want to make sure the device is up to date. You can learn how to do that here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Kindest regards. 

Sep 7, 2022 12:53 AM in response to Shannon_DN

Hello thank you for your reply.

As mentioned above in my initial post, my software is completely up to date, and I have been having this issue since I got the phone with prior software versions as well. This only happens with videos in apps such as facebook, youtube, instagram and snapchat, and only when i initially open the videos. If i restart the video while the apps video player is open the sound works perfect. If I record a video on my phone and go watch it the sound works fine. This issue is only with other apps such as those mentioned above.

Sep 13, 2022 10:02 AM in response to CMac33

Hi thank you for responding! It does happen over both wi-fi and mobile data. It happens no matter where I am. If I am home, or at a friends home, or even when i am waiting for a pickup order somewhere. It’s not the worst issue in the world as if I restart whatever video I am watching sound works. However some videos don’t have an option to restart them so I have to wait until they are done to listen to the audio from the beginning.

Audio on videos is delayed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.