Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 iPads, same Apple ID and one has double the storage then the other?

Hello. I have an old IPad Pro 12.9 Software version 14.6 ( I cannot update it because an app will not function properly if I upgrade.) I am trying to strip this old iPad down and only have the essentials on it. When I was deleting all unnecessary apps and data I realized that my storage on the old iPad the Music is 69.14 gig. My new iPad 4th gen 12.9 15.6.1 only has 36.25 gig. As I look into iTunes, and music I have the exact same amount of songs. Any Idea as to why this would be happening? Also I cannot use my DJpro Algoriddim on my new iPad properly. It shows music but will not load. What I would like to do, Is use my new iPad for everything. Does anyone out there know how I would be able to do this? I’ve contacted Algoriddim and they do not have a fix. My 2nd option is to use my old iPad until DJpro cathces up. (They are about 2 years behind Apple updates.) If anyone has any insight on the storage thing or a fix for DJpro that would be helpful. I greatly appreciated any direction.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 7:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 9:11 AM

Hi yonbucher,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

For the music storage on the older iPad, go to Settings > General > iPad Storage. Click on Music. Check at the top to see if Documents and Data take up a significant amount of music storage. Connect iPad to your computer and open Finder. Click on your iPad icon from the left-hand sidebar and it will show your iPad storage. Check to see if this storage matches what shows on the older iPad.

You should see a screen that looks similar to what shows in the section "Use the Finder or iTunes to check the storage on your iOS device" of How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

"Use the Finder or iTunes to check the storage on your iOS device

1. On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15 or later, open the Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.
  2. Connect your device to your computer.
  3. Select your device in the Finder or in iTunes. You'll see a bar that shows how much storage your content uses, divided by content type. 
  4. Move your mouse over the bar to see how much storage each content type is using."

Regards.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2022 9:11 AM in response to yonbucher

Hi yonbucher,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

For the music storage on the older iPad, go to Settings > General > iPad Storage. Click on Music. Check at the top to see if Documents and Data take up a significant amount of music storage. Connect iPad to your computer and open Finder. Click on your iPad icon from the left-hand sidebar and it will show your iPad storage. Check to see if this storage matches what shows on the older iPad.

You should see a screen that looks similar to what shows in the section "Use the Finder or iTunes to check the storage on your iOS device" of How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

"Use the Finder or iTunes to check the storage on your iOS device

1. On a Mac with macOS Catalina 10.15 or later, open the Finder. On a Mac with macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, or on a PC, open iTunes.
  2. Connect your device to your computer.
  3. Select your device in the Finder or in iTunes. You'll see a bar that shows how much storage your content uses, divided by content type. 
  4. Move your mouse over the bar to see how much storage each content type is using."

Regards.

Sep 4, 2022 1:13 PM in response to yonbucher

Hi yonbucher,

To clarify a few points and see if there might be any other possibilities, can you let us know more about the music on your devices? It sounds like they were either iTunes Store purchases or downloads from the Apple Music service. Is that right?

Also, when you checked the amount of songs on each device, was that under Settings > General > About, or Settings > General > iPhone Storage > Music? Do you get the same result when you check both of those locations?

While updating is generally a good step in resolving storage issues, if you're unable to update for software compatibility reasons, checking to see if the storage matches in all locations on the same device will help in working out if any other steps might be available.

Cheers.

2 iPads, same Apple ID and one has double the storage then the other?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.