Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi Privacy Warning

There is a privacy warning below my wifi network, I have checked and my ‘private wifi address’ is enabled and just wondering if this is anything to be concerned about?

Thank you!

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2022 2:55 PM

Check your router settings, see -> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

• If your Apple device shows a privacy warning or weak-security warning about a Wi-Fi network, that network could expose information about your device. Apple recommends connecting to Wi-Fi networks that meet or exceed the security standards in this article.

-> If you need help with your Wi‑Fi password

If you need help with your Wi‑Fi password - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2022 2:55 PM in response to alex-jaye

Check your router settings, see -> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

• If your Apple device shows a privacy warning or weak-security warning about a Wi-Fi network, that network could expose information about your device. Apple recommends connecting to Wi-Fi networks that meet or exceed the security standards in this article.

-> If you need help with your Wi‑Fi password

If you need help with your Wi‑Fi password - Apple Support

Wifi Privacy Warning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.