Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod plus and minus blinking - Can‘t be reset

Dear Community,

I‘m so upset. My HomePod is 4 years old and it‘s broken now! The plus and minus symbols are blinking.

No help from the Phone support and no support from the Apple Store in Berlin!

What the…..?????

Kind regards

HomePod, 15

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 10:42 AM

From the first link:

White flashing volume lights

Unplug HomePod from its power source, wait 15 seconds, then plug it back in. If the white volume lights continue flashing, reset your HomePod. If these steps haven't resolved your issue, contact Apple Support to arrange a repair.

Without having a more detailed description (or your unlinked video) it was still possible the information might have been useful to you. FWIW I have a dead OG HomePod too. The volume lights flash once 13 seconds after power up and the unit restarts. If I press the top to reset it during start up the light turns red, but the volume lights still flash at 13 seconds and it starts over. It is outside its warranty so Apple aren't interested unless I want to pay the full cost for a repair. I did consider trying to exercise consumer rights options through the seller, Argos, but that involves investing in an independent assessment from a third party, which might be time and money down the drain. Argos could still say no, and they are bigger than me. At this stage I'm kind of resigned to it, but it still smarts. Sorry to hear that you've been unlucky too. 😕

tt2

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2022 10:42 AM in response to ThomasGeT

From the first link:

White flashing volume lights

Unplug HomePod from its power source, wait 15 seconds, then plug it back in. If the white volume lights continue flashing, reset your HomePod. If these steps haven't resolved your issue, contact Apple Support to arrange a repair.

Without having a more detailed description (or your unlinked video) it was still possible the information might have been useful to you. FWIW I have a dead OG HomePod too. The volume lights flash once 13 seconds after power up and the unit restarts. If I press the top to reset it during start up the light turns red, but the volume lights still flash at 13 seconds and it starts over. It is outside its warranty so Apple aren't interested unless I want to pay the full cost for a repair. I did consider trying to exercise consumer rights options through the seller, Argos, but that involves investing in an independent assessment from a third party, which might be time and money down the drain. Argos could still say no, and they are bigger than me. At this stage I'm kind of resigned to it, but it still smarts. Sorry to hear that you've been unlucky too. 😕

tt2

HomePod plus and minus blinking - Can‘t be reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.