Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

While using Apple Music on my Samsung smart tv, I often have the music stop streaming and even the tv shuts off after 30 or so minutes of listening. Then I have to restart the tv and the music app. Don't understand why this would be happening.

How can I prevent the Apple Music app to continue streaming on my smart tv for an extended period of time. Often the app will stop and the entire tv will turn off. I have to restart the tv and the app to continue listening. This happens all too often after 30 minutes or more of listening.

QAQ90,

Posted on Sep 3, 2022 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 5:14 PM

Hey there Bill,

Regarding your Samsung TV itself turning off, we'd recommend reaching out to Samsung about this as they may have steps to provide in order to adjust power settings for it.

For the Apple Music app on your TV stopping playback, you may also need to reach out to Samsung about this, but we'd like to help rule out some possible causes:

1. Is your Samsung TV up to date? We aren't able to provide the steps as this is a third-party company, but we still recommend checking for any. This also may be something for which you'll need to reach out to Samsung.
  2. Do you notice this occurs after something specific, like the end of a playlist, or even the last song in an album? The more details you provide, the better equipped we'll be to assist.
  3. If you use Apple Music signed into other devices, do they have any issues playing?

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2022 5:14 PM in response to BucktownBill

Hey there Bill,

Regarding your Samsung TV itself turning off, we'd recommend reaching out to Samsung about this as they may have steps to provide in order to adjust power settings for it.

For the Apple Music app on your TV stopping playback, you may also need to reach out to Samsung about this, but we'd like to help rule out some possible causes:

1. Is your Samsung TV up to date? We aren't able to provide the steps as this is a third-party company, but we still recommend checking for any. This also may be something for which you'll need to reach out to Samsung.
  2. Do you notice this occurs after something specific, like the end of a playlist, or even the last song in an album? The more details you provide, the better equipped we'll be to assist.
  3. If you use Apple Music signed into other devices, do they have any issues playing?

Cheers!

While using Apple Music on my Samsung smart tv, I often have the music stop streaming and even the tv shuts off after 30 or so minutes of listening. Then I have to restart the tv and the music app. Don't understand why this would be happening.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.