Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Newsroom Update

Apple and Major League Baseball announce July “Friday Night Baseball” schedule. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV keep playing music when I start a video in Netflix app

When I try to start a movie or TV episode in the Netflix app, my Apple TV "opens" the video, but doesn't start playing it. Instead it starts playing a random song from my music library. If I open the music app, close it, and then go into the Netflix app again, it works. However, If i start the next episode, it happens again, and I have to do this exercise anew.

Any suggestions?

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 13

Posted on May 20, 2020 3:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2020 10:10 AM

My apologies on the iMac.

I see you power cycled the ATV already with no change, the next thing to do is if you have an Apple TV HD or Apple TV 4K (Identify your Apple TV model) is to delete the Netflix app, then restart the Apple TV and then re-add the Netflix app again.

If the issue continues and it only occurs with the Netflix app then you need to contact Netflix for support on their app.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2020 10:10 AM in response to abbjoer

My apologies on the iMac.

I see you power cycled the ATV already with no change, the next thing to do is if you have an Apple TV HD or Apple TV 4K (Identify your Apple TV model) is to delete the Netflix app, then restart the Apple TV and then re-add the Netflix app again.

If the issue continues and it only occurs with the Netflix app then you need to contact Netflix for support on their app.

May 20, 2020 10:05 AM in response to rkaufmann87

I haven't got an iMac, it's the Music-app on my Apple TV I have to open and close. Have checked that TVOS is up to date, so that should not be the problem. I have also tried to restart the Apple TV, but it doesn't help. As an additional point, I can play video in other apps without this happening, only Netflix seems affected by this problem.

Apple TV keep playing music when I start a video in Netflix app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.