Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 12.9 (Gen3) with 120Hz external display.

I recently acquired a rather nice USB C Hub with HDMI 2.1 (compatible with 4K@120Hz/60Hz, 8K@30Hz) output, as well as 1 USB C 3.2 Gen2 port, 2 USB 3.0 ports and an invaluable 100W Power Deliver (PD) input socket to pass through charging power to keep iPad charged.

I initially set it up with another premium tablet of mine and managed to get it fully functional along with 120Hz output that my TV supports (TV’s refresh rate is up to 144Hz). Therefore I was able to verify that this new ‘Hub’ is at least fully functional and does not require returning to online retailer.

Next was my iPad Pro 12.9 (Gen3) and at first there was no picture, however a simple unplugging and reconnecting of the “USB C extension cable” I have appeared to cure the issue and I successfully received a picture on the TV of my iPad’s Home Screen. However try as I may, unless I’m doing something wrong I appear to be unable to get 120Hz output from iPad to my External TV/display.

120Hz output to my external display would be more desirable to eliminate the slight nauseous effect at time, therefore I’m wondering if I’m doing something wrong or is the iPad Pro 12.9 limited to 60Hz output only?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 9:22 AM

I think iPad is limited to 60Hz. Have a look at this article: Charge and connect with the USB-C port on your iPad - Apple Support (AL)

It focuses on charging/connecting, but there is a section about supported resolution.

~Lyssa

1 reply

iPad Pro 12.9 (Gen3) with 120Hz external display.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.