Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari keeps reloading for no reason

Running a 16" MBP, last Intel version that was made. Running 12.5.1 with Safari 15.6.1. Lately, for no reason I can explain, Safari has be reloading pages for no reason. If I click on + to add a tab. I go to the new tab, type a search request in the URL bar, I see results I like, I click on them and then Safari reloads to a blank page. Not what I clicked on but a blank page. If I do this action twice, it works the second time but never works the first time. This seems to get progressively worse the more I try to do this. It gets bad enough I have to reboot the Mac to make it useable. I don't use many extensions and I have tried disabling them to no avail.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 2:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2022 6:26 PM

See the 2nd part of the article.

Safari - Unsupported third-party add-ons may cause Safari to unexpectedly quit or have performance issues

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 6, 2022 11:59 AM in response to Eric Root

I'm having a similar problem that started after the latest Safari and macOS Catalina Security Update 2022-005 today (15.6-->15.6.1 and 10.15.7, respectively). Safari windows reload on an endless loop. This is what has not worked so far:

1) Restarting Safari and the MacBook Pro

2) Removing Safari extensions

3) Tried using a private window in Safari

4) Removed Symantec Endpoint

5) followed the Safari article posted above

I'm running a 16" MBP 2019 and other browsers work fine. This has got to be something with the update, right?

Safari keeps reloading for no reason

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.