You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio Files Speed-up in GarageBand

Hello, I just updated my iOS on my Macbook Pro to Monterey 12.5.1 and now the audio tracks in GarageBand I have saved will automatically be sped up if I import them into my project. Does anyone have any insight on this? I produce podcasts and this is one of my tracks I have used many times. It had never done this before.

Posted on Sep 5, 2022 3:52 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Sep 7, 2022 9:13 AM in response to anbarger

Hi there anbarger,

If your audio tracks are speeding up in GarageBand, you'll likely need to check the basic project tempo since any tracks you add to the project will match the project tempo:

You can set the basic project tempo in the LCD. The tempo is displayed in beats per minute (bpm), ranging from 5 to 990 bpm. You can also tap the tempo using your computer keyboard. When you add Apple Loops to your project, they match the project tempo.

Learn more here: Set the tempo in GarageBand on Mac - Apple Support

Take care.

Audio Files Speed-up in GarageBand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.