Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to setup my watch and it is trying to automatically log me into a different account and I cannot change the login to the correct account. How do I change this?

I am trying to setup my watch and it is trying to automatically log me into a different account and I cannot change the login to the correct account. How do I change this?

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 3:04 PM

Is it possible that this is a used Watch that you bought from an individual? If that is the case, it sounds like you have encountered Activation Lock. The previous owner needs to remove the device from their account so you can do this. What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2022 3:04 PM in response to johnscr

Is it possible that this is a used Watch that you bought from an individual? If that is the case, it sounds like you have encountered Activation Lock. The previous owner needs to remove the device from their account so you can do this. What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

Sep 6, 2022 3:04 PM in response to johnscr

If it has the previous owners Apple ID. In it, you can’t bypass this The previous owner must remove Activation Lock from the watch and the watch has to be erased. They must unpair the watch and remove Activation Lock by entering their Apple ID password, so you can use the watch.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.