Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homepod mini restoration failure and dead

Hi tech whizzes!

I recently moved to new city with my homepod mini and tried to set it up then failed.

current symptom be like : it doesn't flash any light while plugged in. I can find it on my mac tho, but every time I tried to restore either via server or manual(ipsw), it gives me 'error 3004' with not available to restore.

What I did so far is : I moved to new room, switched wifi network, homepod mini suddenly stopped and didn't respond amid switching wifi network, I tried to reset it from home app, and then again from homepod mini(hard reset), and then it ended up having like symptom written above.

It'll be very appreciated if a genius here can help me... since I'm oversee, so I can't get direct help from Apple. And homepod mini is not in the market here, so local Apple can't help me too. I really love this device, please help!

HomePod mini, 14

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 6:33 PM

1 reply

Sep 7, 2022 8:00 AM in response to Fmlatosf

I would normally suggest using the Press the top of HomePod to reset it method from Reset HomePod - Apple Support. The 3004 error is apparently related to software verification services. Are you using a VPN or trying to install an older firmware package.

See also Identify status lights on HomePod - Apple Support. Are you using the original power supply provided with the HomePod?

tt2

Homepod mini restoration failure and dead

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.