You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I view the timeline in project? Timeline went missing

Hello dear friends,

I'm desperate here. I created a Library in FCPX and I had been working on a timeline with clips of music, audio and titles i the timeline. I don't know what I did but the timeline no longer shows the work I had been working on. How do I show the timeline again?

Thank you in advance for any help.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Sep 6, 2022 11:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 1:23 AM

Look in the Browser where your clips are stored and you should find your project.

Double-click it to launch it into the timeline.

Your projects look like these . . .

Similar questions

6 replies

Sep 7, 2022 3:27 AM in response to Ian R. Brown

Hi Ian, thank you for your reply and it helped. I did not click on the video that is the pane on the right. I had thought that video was an imported asset and so I didn't click on it thinking it was one of the video I had shot on my camera. I'm an idiot but thanks to cool folks like you, idiots like me can somehow stumble around the world and somehow survive. Thank you so much for the invaluable help, it was great 🙏

Sep 7, 2022 10:14 AM in response to HaithamMogherbi

HaithamMogherbi - As a new user of FCP, you can save yourself a whole lot of time by watching these:

Steve at Ripple Training's 60 minute FCP overview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqUP7Zgeuck

Izzy Video tutorials https://youtu.be/_jvyrnQpR1E?list=PLp5SAgbM8S87n1qvv34-PAU2zMHLlXyfb

This one uses a previous version of FCP but the concepts are exactly the same.

How can I view the timeline in project? Timeline went missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.