Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Preview .CR3 files in Monterey

Searching this forum, it seems some people say they can open Canon .CR3 files in preview on Monterey. Others say they can't.

Can anyone explain why some can and some can't? Is there an update to the Apple RAW function?

I have apps that can do it. It's just WAY faster using the OS. (And even FASTER if they'd bring back carousal :) )

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 6:29 AM

8 replies

Sep 7, 2022 7:22 AM in response to dialabrain

Thanks for the quick answers.

Sorry. That detail would have helped. I have a couple Canon R7s.

That's my question. If the camera is not supported in Monterey, how can some people see them in preview?

Also, will Monterey ever have the R7 enabled? It's only been out about 5 months. The update on your link predates the release. If so, how do I update the OS RAW files without updating the entire OS?

Sep 7, 2022 7:31 AM in response to JoeBlo

JoeBlo wrote:

Thanks for the quick answers.

Welcome

That's my question. If the camera is not supported in Monterey, how can some people see them in preview?

Unless they shoot JPGs or convert them to DNG, they can't.

Also, will Monterey ever have the R7 enabled?

Probably not

It's only been out about 5 months. The update on your link predates the release. If so, how do I update the OS RAW files without updating the entire OS?

To see them in Preview they would have to be converted. Adobe DNG Converter would be one option.

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/adobe-dng-converter.html

Preview .CR3 files in Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.