Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I control the volume of my iphone when the Health app disables the volume buttons?

I have buttons on the side of my iphone but they don’t control the volume of the iphone any more because the health app prevents them from working.

i have looked at other threads and it looks like this issue hasn’t been addressed by anyone.

There is a suggestion to delete heath data but this is not a solution, since it has to be done every week.

is there a way to get my volume buttons to permanently function as if they were volume buttons, once and for all?

Health is one’s own responsibility, and one’s ears are one’s own. People’s time should not be stolen as a punisment or persuasion to control them from adjusting the volume of their device output.

contacting apple support directly link doesnt work either, as I followed a provided link from a thread like this one, and it prescribed other issues and not this one, and gave no way to communicate this fault with the volume control to the designers.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2022 7:04 PM

Unfortunately you don’t realise that the volume up button doesn’t raise the volume past the level it is currently at, once the “health” app decides to interfere. This is because the “health” app interferes by adjusting the maximum volume effected by that volume button. Maybe now you understand how the “health” app decreases the actual health of productivity by wasting people’s time and thus lives, at the expense of their self-autonomy.

Luckily, I found my own solution since no one seems to have helped out on here or understood the reality of what is going on.

it involves using an automated shortcut to modify headphone data multiple times a day, so that the “health” app learns how to promote true health by putting the control of the faulty product in the hands of the user once more. Thanks Reddit.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2022 7:04 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Unfortunately you don’t realise that the volume up button doesn’t raise the volume past the level it is currently at, once the “health” app decides to interfere. This is because the “health” app interferes by adjusting the maximum volume effected by that volume button. Maybe now you understand how the “health” app decreases the actual health of productivity by wasting people’s time and thus lives, at the expense of their self-autonomy.

Luckily, I found my own solution since no one seems to have helped out on here or understood the reality of what is going on.

it involves using an automated shortcut to modify headphone data multiple times a day, so that the “health” app learns how to promote true health by putting the control of the faulty product in the hands of the user once more. Thanks Reddit.

Sep 7, 2022 3:57 PM in response to Average_Person

Why do you think the Health app has anything to do with the volume buttons? Have you gone to Settings>Sounds & Haptics>Ringers & Alerts>Change with Buttons and made sure it's enabled?

The exposure limit only affects volume while you are on headphones. And it still allows you to turn the volume back up:

When you receive a notification, you'll be prompted to turn down your volume. After receiving a notification, the next time you plug in your headphones or connect them via Bluetooth, your volume will be automatically set to a lower level. You can still turn your volume back up if you choose.

Headphone notifications on your iPhone, iPod touch, or Apple Watch - Apple Support

And again, it has no effect on your ability to use the buttons.

How do I control the volume of my iphone when the Health app disables the volume buttons?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.