Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to buy AppleCare after 9 months or M1 Pro Macbook 16 Purchase?

I got macbook pro 16" M1 Pro, I got it, put full body skin, case, keyboard protector, ports rubber cover, display glass protector activated and updated. Never used again. Battery is one or two cycle. Is it possible to get AppleCare for that device? Is it possible to be inspected and buy apple care?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.2

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 6:33 AM

No this is not possible

In most countries and regions, you can buy AppleCare+ within 60 days of your device purchase. In Japan, you can buy AppleCare+ within 30 days of your device purchase. In China mainland, you can buy AppleCare+ on your device within 7 days of your device purchase or in an Apple Store within 60 days of your device purchase. (At the Apple Store, you'll need to bring your proof of purchase, and we'll inspect the device.)

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2022 6:33 AM in response to ArthurMafra

No this is not possible

In most countries and regions, you can buy AppleCare+ within 60 days of your device purchase. In Japan, you can buy AppleCare+ within 30 days of your device purchase. In China mainland, you can buy AppleCare+ on your device within 7 days of your device purchase or in an Apple Store within 60 days of your device purchase. (At the Apple Store, you'll need to bring your proof of purchase, and we'll inspect the device.)

Sep 8, 2022 8:02 AM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Make sense, except for the fact that this computer is new. One or two battery cycle. It has not been used so if Apple inspect it or have any logs of their machine on find my apple will see it has not been online and used. The problem is we can't trust apple anymore like in the past. I'm using 2014 macbook pro 15, I had that M1 pro macbook unused because apple had so many issues at start of m1 with usb issues, ssd premature wearing due to memory leak and so on. I do have M2 air now, in the box not opened yet. I don't think is fair apple produce computer we can't trust, neither they trust because if it is new why not accept applecare on inspection?

Sep 8, 2022 8:08 AM in response to WheelieNick

I bought 64Gb M1 max, after 2 months apple did not even charged my credit card, so I canceled the order in around 2.5 months, because they took to long to ship custom config 64Gb 2tb Pro max. I got the 16 that is not what I wanted and not used it, My 2014 have 16 already. After many issues, charging problems, macos memory leak, third party usb ... I decide not even use it.

Using apple for almost 3 decades, now I can't trust on it and potential buyers as well. Remember I'm telling it is not used computer. If it has been using, that is ok to understand.

Is it possible to buy AppleCare after 9 months or M1 Pro Macbook 16 Purchase?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.