Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connection to Samsung Xpress M2026W

Hi everyone,

I installed a Samsung Xpress M2026W printer on my MacBook Air M1 some months ago and everything has been running spotlessly. For some weeks now, though, the Wi-Fi printer seems to accept what to print or not whimsically. I've updated drivers and checked all the wireless configuration and everything seems to be in order. The problem does not arise when printing from a PC running Windows 11. I am not much a of a tech savvy, am I missing something?

Thank you all.

MacBook Air

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 3:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 4:09 AM

Hi,

The Samsung Xpress M2026W is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a printer supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. An AirPrint-enabled model is compatible with macOS, and can be used without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). AirPrint works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections.

Are you using AirPrint?

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

If there is a problem with AirPrint discovery for one or more devices, and all settings are OK, you could try the following full procedure (in this order):

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac computer, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac computer. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Alternatively, are you using the universal driver from HP (Samsung)?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/samsung-xpress-sl-m2026-laser-printer-series/16462610/model/16462614

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2022 4:09 AM in response to Jose3100

Hi,

The Samsung Xpress M2026W is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a printer supporting the driverless AirPrint technology. An AirPrint-enabled model is compatible with macOS, and can be used without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac computer are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router). AirPrint works with wireless (Wi-Fi) or wired (Ethernet) network connections.

Are you using AirPrint?

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

If there is a problem with AirPrint discovery for one or more devices, and all settings are OK, you could try the following full procedure (in this order):

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Mac computer, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac computer. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

Alternatively, are you using the universal driver from HP (Samsung)?

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/samsung-xpress-sl-m2026-laser-printer-series/16462610/model/16462614

Connection to Samsung Xpress M2026W

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.