Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samsung SL-M2885FW printer not connecting to iMac now; it was working last week.

My iMac running OS 13.0. My Samsung SL-M2885FW printer was working when I got my new iMac but today but now says offline. I've tried to reinstall driver but still says offline (BTW Samsung drivers only goes up to OS 12.0).

iMac, 10.13

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 9:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 6:38 AM

The Samsung XPress SL-M2885FW, when networked, is supported by Apple's built-in AirPrint. This means you would no longer need to be concerned whether HP is updating drivers Samsung devices. HP would have to issue driver updates for macOS Ventura and there is no guarantee that a driver issued for Monterey will work.

I suggest you network your printer (if not already), have it powered, and then visit Settings > Printers & Scanners panel. Right-click on your SL-M2885FW Printers entry and select Reset Printing System…

This will remove your Printers entry, open a Bonjour detection window and with luck, your printer should be discovered and shown. Click on it there, and that will enable the Use selector, where you should take the default and see if it identifies as either the name Default or AirPrint. Then click Add and test print.

This is the approach that I am using with my Samsung ML-2955ND Laser on Ventura 13.2.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2023 6:38 AM in response to ewfromrh

The Samsung XPress SL-M2885FW, when networked, is supported by Apple's built-in AirPrint. This means you would no longer need to be concerned whether HP is updating drivers Samsung devices. HP would have to issue driver updates for macOS Ventura and there is no guarantee that a driver issued for Monterey will work.

I suggest you network your printer (if not already), have it powered, and then visit Settings > Printers & Scanners panel. Right-click on your SL-M2885FW Printers entry and select Reset Printing System…

This will remove your Printers entry, open a Bonjour detection window and with luck, your printer should be discovered and shown. Click on it there, and that will enable the Use selector, where you should take the default and see if it identifies as either the name Default or AirPrint. Then click Add and test print.

This is the approach that I am using with my Samsung ML-2955ND Laser on Ventura 13.2.

Samsung SL-M2885FW printer not connecting to iMac now; it was working last week.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.