Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

WIFi printing Canon MX452

My Canon MX452 has been printing via WiFi just fine for years. Now it can't connect to my MacBook Pro (Ventura 13.5.1). I removed the printer from the Mac's list of computers. Now when I try to add it back, it's not there. I confirmed the printer is on my network by going into the router and it shows up as a device that is online and successfully communicating (I matched the MAC address to confirm). Something changed. My wife's computer started having the same problem at the same time. She is also running Ventura on her MacBook Pro.

MacBook Pro (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2023 4:36 PM

Hi,

The Canon MX452 is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting Apple's AirPrint technology, so additional drivers should not be needed, provided that the printer and the Mac computers are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

If all Wi-Fi settings are OK, and AirPrint still does not work, any change if you try the following procedure in this order (do not forget the router)?

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Macs, any iPhones/iPads, and all other computers/devices. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Macs. Finally, power on any iPhones/iPads and all other computers/devices.

https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/apple_airprint_guide/

(for similar models, such as the MX455).

If necessary, try to reset the printing system and re-add the printer:

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2023 4:36 PM in response to Signalsapper

Hi,

The Canon MX452 is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a model supporting Apple's AirPrint technology, so additional drivers should not be needed, provided that the printer and the Mac computers are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

If all Wi-Fi settings are OK, and AirPrint still does not work, any change if you try the following procedure in this order (do not forget the router)?

Power off the Wi-Fi router, the printer, the Macs, any iPhones/iPads, and all other computers/devices. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Macs. Finally, power on any iPhones/iPads and all other computers/devices.

https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/apple_airprint_guide/

(for similar models, such as the MX455).

If necessary, try to reset the printing system and re-add the printer:

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

WIFi printing Canon MX452

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.