Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

password extension

Hello, I just purchased a new MacBook a week ago. When I try to log into a web page and type in the password, it automatically gets super long even though I typed one or two letters. I cannot log into the page because I can never type in the correct password because of this feature. Can someone help me with this? I attached an image for reference.

After I typed four letters...

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2022 8:26 PM

Assuming that Mac is not owned, managed or "supervised" by an educational or similar institution, and that you are not using any non-Apple "password manager" utilities, I have no explanation for that behavior.

Since your Mac is new, you can contact Apple to ask about it. Click Get Support. Support is complimentary for the first 90 days of ownership.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2022 8:26 PM in response to yeahne

Assuming that Mac is not owned, managed or "supervised" by an educational or similar institution, and that you are not using any non-Apple "password manager" utilities, I have no explanation for that behavior.

Since your Mac is new, you can contact Apple to ask about it. Click Get Support. Support is complimentary for the first 90 days of ownership.

password extension

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.