Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover Apple Watch Warning When No Apple Watch Owned

Neither My wife nor I own, or ever have owned, an Apple Watch, but keep receiving Recover Apple Watch warning. The notifications started approximately 2 days ago. She has an iPhone 10 and I have an iPhone 8. How can I stop getting the notifications? I have checked the BT and no watches are discoverable and I have completely deleted the Apple Watch app with no affect.

iPhone 8, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 4:29 PM

JDHIGD wrote:

Is it a virus or malicious software if some kind? Have both phones been hacked simultaneously (seems unlikely)? Or is this a unexpected bug of the newest iOS update?

Again, update to the current iOS 15.6.1 if not already, restart both iPhones, and contact Apple Support if the messages persist.

This message has appeared a few times for a few folks over the years, though in unclear circumstances.

Apple Support might recognize the symptoms more specifically.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 9, 2022 4:29 PM in response to JDHIGD

JDHIGD wrote:

Is it a virus or malicious software if some kind? Have both phones been hacked simultaneously (seems unlikely)? Or is this a unexpected bug of the newest iOS update?

Again, update to the current iOS 15.6.1 if not already, restart both iPhones, and contact Apple Support if the messages persist.

This message has appeared a few times for a few folks over the years, though in unclear circumstances.

Apple Support might recognize the symptoms more specifically.

Recover Apple Watch Warning When No Apple Watch Owned

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.