You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Being Unlocked Notification

Hi, I am consistently receiving notifications on my IPhone 13 Pro Max ios17 when I unlock my phone that my “Apple Watch is being unlocked by this iPhone”. It’s a banner that drops down whenever I unlock my phone. How do I shut off this notification?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 5, 2023 5:45 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2023 2:30 AM

With respect this response is pretty poor. People haven't suddently started wearing their watch the wrong way. This notification only started with iOS 17. The question was how do you turn this notification off. There must be a way? Thanks.

6 replies

Dec 8, 2023 12:57 AM in response to Rigo_O86

To answer your question, no it doesn’t help, it doesn’t even address the problem. In fact it’s borderline insulting because it assumes someone doesn’t know how to wear a watch which convinces me you must have put your Y fronts on the wrong way around and stuffed tissues in your ears when you answered it.

are their any Apple experts out there who can not only read and send responses but can understand questions?

Oct 6, 2023 5:02 PM in response to HBIC1128

Hi HBIC1128,

It sounds like you need help with your Apple Watch, and we can assist you.

If you see this notification, it's because your iPhone is unlocking a locked Apple Watch that you're wearing.

If your Apple Watch is not being worn correctly, it could lock again and cause this notification to appear again.

Make sure your Apple Watch is securely attached to your wrist as seen here:

Wearing your Apple Watch

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Apple Watch Being Unlocked Notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.