Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro M1 - output hdmi 1080 50i 50hz

Hello,

i work in live events.

I have just got the new MacBookPro 16 M1

Anyone have a solution to have an 1080 50i 50hz output trough Hdmi?

I really need and seems with my new macbook pro is not possible!

thanks to those who can help me

Posted on Sep 10, 2022 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2022 8:32 AM

I also work in live broadcasting.

The best solution would be to purchase an Up Down Cross Converter to convert the output signal from your M1 Mac to a usable format on your router/vision mixer.

I've just plugged my M1 Mac into a Datavideo DATA-DAC70 which has taken to 1080/60p feed from my Mac M1 and converted it into 1080/50i into my Ross Ultrix Router.

I hope this helps!

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2022 8:32 AM in response to luz76

I also work in live broadcasting.

The best solution would be to purchase an Up Down Cross Converter to convert the output signal from your M1 Mac to a usable format on your router/vision mixer.

I've just plugged my M1 Mac into a Datavideo DATA-DAC70 which has taken to 1080/60p feed from my Mac M1 and converted it into 1080/50i into my Ross Ultrix Router.

I hope this helps!

Sep 10, 2022 12:35 PM in response to luz76

Macs use "Plug and Play" information provided on the EDID channel. In response to a query from the Mac, the device sends back its capabilities and the Mac configures resolutions and timing based on what the device promises it can attain.

to get a Mac display to become active, you need the Mac to query the display, and the display to answer with its name and capabilities. Otherwise, the display will not be shown as present, and no data will be sent to the display. "No signal detected" is generated by the DISPLAY, not by the Mac.

This query is only sent at certain times:

• at startup

• at wake from sleep — so momentarily sleeping and waking your Mac may work

• at insertion of the Mac-end of the display-cable, provided everything on that cable is ready-to-go

• on invoking Option-(Detect Display) button in Displays preferences (from another display)

System Preferences > displays ...

show a window with the NAME of the display -- no user input is used to derive that name. If there is no name shown, it means the connection to the display does not go all the way through and back again, or the query was not sent when the mixer was connected and the display was 'listening'

A good experiment would be to connect the HDMI cable DIRECTLY to the display, and see if appropriate resolution can be attained.

Sep 10, 2022 2:25 PM in response to luz76

<< Video output settings in Monterrey are really poor, >>

Video output settings depend completely on the capabilities of the display you connect.

If the display does not light up, it is a connection problem.

That 16-in MacBook Pro can drive multiple displays up to 6K resolution. (up to 4K on HDMI).

Using a external video card will NOT change your results.

MacBook Pro M1 - output hdmi 1080 50i 50hz

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.