Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini M1 HDMI output

Hello there!

I hope everyone is fine!

Recently I bought a Mac Mini M1. I have a LG 27GN880 which is capable to display 2560x1440 at 144hz. After I setup the Mac with the monitor I realized that the display runs at 100hz max. I thought all right maybe I need another HDMI cable. I bought one, there's no improvement.

I have an USB-C to DisplayPort cable as well, it can deliver 144hz.

According to the specs I don't know why the HDMI can't work at 144hz.

Can anyone please help me with this?

Thank you for advance!

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2022 8:23 AM

I’m surprised that you are getting over 60Hz using HDMI.

see “Video Support” at > Mac mini - Technical Specifications - Apple

also see > Connect a display to Mac mini - Apple Support

Personally I would use the USB-C to DisplayPort cable.

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 3, 2022 8:46 AM in response to den.thed

I use USB-C to DisplayPort to get the desired result. I just wish to use the HDMI to save the USB-C port for something else.

I saw the specs a couple of times. I understand that HDMI version is 2.0. According to my research this version is capable to display 2560x1440 at 144hz.

For example: https://www.displayninja.com/which-cable-do-i-need-for-144hz/

I am not sure what I am missing. There is a chance for I misunderstood something.

Mac Mini M1 HDMI output

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.