Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud drive restore files in advanced mode

Hello

I apologize for my english. It's not my mother language. I hope somebody can help me with my problem.

I would like to restore files (icloud drive) from advanced mode and when i hit the "restore files" button a new window will appear with a message "Searching for recoverable files..." After few seconds later i receive another message " There was a problem loading restorable files."

I deleted some files one day ago and icloud should keep them 30 days but unfoturnelly i can't go forder with this. Any suggestions?

Some screen shots.

I am grateful for any help.

Zaho

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 12:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 7:02 AM

See the article Access iCloud Drive files from your iPhone and other devices - Apple Support

The files were not properly uploaded the icloud drive and desktops and documents box should be checked in Mac , or you had an iPhone signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network , you delete a file from iPhone its deleted from Mac , but will never be found in advanced section to be restored or the files were from previous versions , click on drop down arrows of sort by date deleted see the article If document versions conflict in iCloud Drive on Mac - Apple Support

Let the circle rotate and stop if the files are already stored no files will be found to restore .

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2022 7:02 AM in response to zahopro9

See the article Access iCloud Drive files from your iPhone and other devices - Apple Support

The files were not properly uploaded the icloud drive and desktops and documents box should be checked in Mac , or you had an iPhone signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network , you delete a file from iPhone its deleted from Mac , but will never be found in advanced section to be restored or the files were from previous versions , click on drop down arrows of sort by date deleted see the article If document versions conflict in iCloud Drive on Mac - Apple Support

Let the circle rotate and stop if the files are already stored no files will be found to restore .

Sep 11, 2022 1:02 AM in response to zahopro9

zahopro9 Said:

"Icloud drive restore files in advanced mode: [...]I deleted some files one day ago and icloud should keep them 30 days but unfoturnelly i can't go forder with this. Any suggestions? Some screen shots."

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

These are Gone:

Restored files stay for 30 days, and then are removed from the list. So, if you never restore them, then they just will not return. So, take this as a learning experience, knowing to always restore your files, once e found.

Sep 11, 2022 1:34 AM in response to zahopro9

zahopro9 Said:

"Icloud drive restore files in advanced mode: Thank you for responding! I deleted files yesterday and at the moment i am trying to restore them but i cant go any further because i receive the message ' There was a problem loading restorable files' Please try again later' I have 29 days left to access my files but i get error message."

-------

You are welcome.

Retrieving Restore Data:

Thing things here...

A. Try Again Later:

Do as instructed and try again later. Apparently, there is an issue connecting the Apple's servers at the moment.

B. Don't Use a Public LAN:

Keep off of public LANs (i.e. school and hotel networks), as you may be kicked off of the network for using too much data.

C. Don't Use a VPN:

Are you connected to a VPN (Virtual Private Network)? If so, disconnect form it. VPNs just get in the way on Apple devices, and this is a pure example of how and why.

Icloud drive restore files in advanced mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.