Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Toolbar on MAcBook Pro

When I leave my computer open - and especially at night, I find a flashing irregular light coming out from the Toolbar. It is becoming worse. Is anyone else having this issue? It is my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports).

Do I need to take it to the Apple Store for repair?

Thank you,

JMScheibe

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 1:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 5:04 PM

JMScheibe wrote:

When I leave my computer open - and especially at night, I find a flashing irregular light coming out from the Toolbar. It is becoming worse. Is anyone else having this issue? It is my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2019, Four Thunderbolt 3 ports).

Thank you,

JMScheibe

Tool bar along the top of the screen...(?)

or Touchbar...(?)

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 11, 2022 5:04 PM in response to JMScheibe

JMScheibe wrote:

Thank you,

JMScheibe

Tool bar along the top of the screen...(?)

or Touchbar...(?)

Sep 11, 2022 5:15 PM in response to JMScheibe

JMScheibe wrote:

Sorry, Touchbar!

On the Intel Mac the best you an do —

Try resetting the  SMC Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

if no resolve...

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

(get at least two-three rounds of the chimes when holding the NRAM Reset)

If that does not straighten it out it typically indicates a hardware issue:

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Find Locations - Apple

Learn how to get your Mac fixed and how much it will cost.  Mac Repair Service  Mac Service & Repair - Apple Support

Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support   Get your Mac ready for service - Apple Support

Toolbar on MAcBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.