Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disconnected iPhone from iCloud to connect mac. Photos wont upload

History of my photos.

My iPhone holds most of my photos and due to constantly printing I need the higher quality so I do not enable the feature to keep the smaller versions on my phone. As my phone was full, i turned iCloud photos off on my mobile then deleted all the photos in my iCloud account so I can now sync my mac to iCloud as my mac is the place I store all my life's worth of photos. I cant for the life of me get the photos app to upload the photos to iCloud. I have checked all settings, restarted etc. Any further advise.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 11, 2022 11:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 12:52 AM

Hi

Do you have a sync status at the bottom of the all photos view? If so you may need to wait until it says "updated just now"

If not, first check that the library is set as the system library - the circled button should be greyed out. (Photos preferences) If it isn’t, click it.

Then check icloud settings are as shown.

Also make sure you have enough iCloud space for your whole library, and lots of free space on your mac and phone.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2022 12:52 AM in response to Mzhemi605

Hi

Do you have a sync status at the bottom of the all photos view? If so you may need to wait until it says "updated just now"

If not, first check that the library is set as the system library - the circled button should be greyed out. (Photos preferences) If it isn’t, click it.

Then check icloud settings are as shown.

Also make sure you have enough iCloud space for your whole library, and lots of free space on your mac and phone.

Disconnected iPhone from iCloud to connect mac. Photos wont upload

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.