You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch fall detection require data?

I don't have cellular data on my iphone as I only have call and text plan. Will fall detection work in my home country? What if I travel outside my home country? I will have roaming call and text, but still no data. Will watch fall detection feature know what number to dial locally when I'm travelling?

I know it didn't dial 911 in Canada. It dialed non emergency number. What about asia, Europe? Will it know which number to call automatically?

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 2:22 PM

1 reply

Sep 15, 2022 8:58 AM in response to adforme

Hello Adforme,

Thanks for connecting with Apple Support Communities.

Some countries and regions have multiple emergency service numbers. For these countries, Apple Watch will call the number associated with ambulance services.

More details are found here: Use fall detection with Apple Watch

For further assistance, we suggest reaching out to Apple directly. Depending on your region, you may be able to connect with them here: Get Support

Hope this helps.

Stay safe and well!

Apple watch fall detection require data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.