Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro not responding. Screen is black. YouTube tv running. How do get back to a working screen?

MacBook Pro not responding. Screen is black. YouTube tv running. How do I get back to a working screen?

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 9:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 10:15 PM

ned105 Said:

"MacBook Pro not responding. Screen is black. YouTube tv running. How do I get back to a working screen?"

-------

Troubleshoot the Mac's Power:

As for replacing that battery, that may not be necessary. So, try troubleshooting it.

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output. This applies to Intel-Based Macs only.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 12, 2022 10:15 PM in response to ned105

ned105 Said:

"MacBook Pro not responding. Screen is black. YouTube tv running. How do I get back to a working screen?"

-------

Troubleshoot the Mac's Power:

As for replacing that battery, that may not be necessary. So, try troubleshooting it.

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Using External Devices: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output. This applies to Intel-Based Macs only.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

MacBook Pro not responding. Screen is black. YouTube tv running. How do get back to a working screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.